Training and Education
Living in Community offers a variety of training options to increase knowledge about sex work with a view to improving services and supports for sex workers and reducing sex work stigma.
Curriculum for Change Online
Living in Community has developed an online, self-directed version of our Curriculum for Change training. Curriculum for Change has been delivered to thousands of learners since 2013, and we are excited to make its content more accessible to more people through this new online format.
Curriculum for Change Online offers four separate courses to meet each learner's needs:
- Curriculum for Change, our flagship training which examines examines the individual, organizational, and societal beliefs, values, and understandings of sex work, and how these impact the delivery of support services and also sex workers' access to services.
- Promising Practices for Working with Sex Workers: Living in Community's Approach to Effective Service Delivery, designed for service providers to learn new skills and approaches and apply the knowledge in case scenarios and other exercises.
- Canada's Sex Work Laws in Context, which covers legal frameworks, Canada's sex work laws, and the implications of different legal systems on sex workers.
- Human Trafficking: More Than Meets The Eye, which critically examines human trafficking and enhances skills to support persons who are trafficked.
Course One, Curriculum for Change, is a pre-requisite to Courses Two, Three, and Four.
As of 2023, Curriculum for Change is available exclusively online via our self-directed online training.
Health providers, social services, victim services, municipalities, and businesses among others have unique needs when providing services or interacting with sex workers, or addressing sex work-related issues in communities. Living in Community offers specialized training for groups and organizations that are designed to meet the specific needs of the organization to support sex worker health, safety, human rights and inclusion.
- Organizational Accessibility Audit
- Sex Work and the Law
- Supporting Participation of Marginalized People
- Sex Work and Feminism
- Sex Work and Housing/Shelter Policy
- Sex Work and Sexual Assault
Contact us for more options or to request a quote for specialized training.